I love this time of year! It's perfect for entertaining. It doesn't get dark until late and short sleeve shirts and sun dresses are the perfect dress code.
Today's blog is the first in our series Summer Fun - Party Time. Over the next weeks, we will talk about fun ideas and helpful hints for your summer parties. To get started, here is a list of 5 helpful hints to think about for every outdoor party.
- Summer night showers can pop up at any time. When planning an outdoor party, have a Plan B to move it inside or a canopy that you can roll out if the rains roll in.
- Outside parties are fun but bugs can be unwanted guests. Think about purchasing some citronella candles or torches. They can generally be found at stores like Target, Lowes and Amazon.
- Summer heat can cause dehydration. Be sure to keep lots of cold water and all natural juices on hand. Alcohol and caffeine can also add to your dehydration so be sure to alternate with water when enjoying that summer cookout.
- UV Rays are normally at their highest between 10a and 2p, so if your party is in the middle of the day, be sure to provide shade for your guests and have sunscreen on hand for those that forget theirs.
- Metal trays with ice can help keep fruit and any other items that need refrigeration fresh. Cover them with clean towels to keep the cold in until serving. For other food items, keep them covered with plastic wrap until you are ready to eat. It will keep the bugs out and keep them from getting stale.
No matter what the theme, number of people or time of day...these 5 hints are great things to remember when planning your party.